Data. It’s the new battleground.
We’re producing more than ever – 90% of all data in existence was created in the last two years, according to an IBM Marketing Cloud report. And that was at the end of 2016!
So how can we make the most of it? And what do marketers need to know about those harnessing it?
Cut the Cliches turned to a man who has spent most of his professional life answering those questions. For episode three, our host Liam Fitzpatrick was in Sydney to get the thoughts of Steve Sinha, COO (and acting-CEO) of the Australian Alliance for Data Leadership. Under that umbrella is a host of other organisational acronyms including ADMA, DGA, IAPA, DTC and IQ. His experience spans three decades in the industry across the UK and Australia.
We chatted with him back in the middle of winter, when we both had colds and England were still in the World Cup. (We’ve since witnessed that football did in fact not return home.)
Topics discussed ranged from:
– Steve’s background in media across UK and Australian agencies
– the future role of agencies
– a return to the full service model?
– how marketers can get the best out of their agencies,
– why brands are taking services in-house,
– the rise of customer experience
– the educational offering of AADL
– what’s next for the organisation in the next 12 months.
Next week we speak with Shaik from GameFaceAI about sports analytics.
Tune in then.